Smugglers 4 is a turn-based science-fiction space trading game. You have the option to be a greedy trader, an ambitious bounty hunter, a ruthless pirate and your actions will ultimately have an impact on the galactic scale. You will even be able to board enemy ships and conquer star systems commanding large battleships.
- Acquire up to 60 different abilities and choose between 6 different professions (trader, combat trader, mercenary, bounty hunter, smuggler, pirate).
- 24 star systems with over 75 planets. Visit your favorite planets or discover some new systems. Beautifully crafted planet art.
- Four different factions with completetly different ship textures, uniforms and medals (depending on your success you can pin rank signs, ribbons and medals on your proud chest).
- Improved crew combat now featuring battle droids, EMP weapons and commando attacks. You can board and capture enemy ships.
- Completetly new spaceships ranging from small fighters and corvettes up to large freighters and battleships.
- The ships have special equipment and abilities that makes every spaceship unique.
- New turn-based space combat system including different abilities such as cloaking, recharging shields, boarding enemy ships, etc.
- Improved trade systems (Realistic supply-and-demand based pricing for those who love to trade)
- Improved non-linear war and campaign system. You can influence the war and how you do that is now displayed even better.
- Unique text engine providing different storylines of the war and mission descriptions (e.g. 10,000 different war declarations possible). Maybe this is the first time this has been successfully accomplished in a computer game.
- New music and SFX created by Nathan Madsen.
- Special locations spawning on the map (like hidden treasures, spy ships, VIP traders, alien artefacts...).
- Smuggling and pirating have been completetly new redesigned. They are more lucrative and meaningful with hideouts and criminal flags wearing off.
- Become Admiral and get command over a fleet of ships (in some missions).
- Attack large space stations and conquer whole star systems!
- Special end-game content: 7 new missions only available for battleships!
- No waiting! In many space trading games it takes you ages to go from X to Y. In Smugglers different star systems are just a mouse-click away!
- And much, much more...